Corona Virus Latest Guidance and School Re-opening
We are now preparing for a full reopening in September 2020.
School is currently open to pupils in Nursery, Reception, Y1 and Y6 (in addition to the children of key workers and those classed as vulnerable).
Parents/carers must not send any child/ or household member to school who displays symptoms of Corona virus/Covid-19. Please inform school immediately by telephone if you or anyone in your household develops these symptoms. School will advise and support you.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms. Phone 119 or 111 for NHS.
School has carefully followed Government guidance to support protective measures school and the well-being of children we will :
- Group children and staff into Year Group Size Bubbles (where possible) -
- Stagger arrival / collection times at school and use a 'one-way' system so children/adults/parents are distanced
- Aim to keep the children in the same bubble and these bubbles will not mix with other bubbles/ groups
- Clean all surfaces and equipment frequently and ventilate classrooms
- Have a cleaner on site throughout the day
- Reduce and remove shared equipment - we will provide children with their own 'bag/tray' of pencils, paper, counters, colours etc)
- Ensure that all Handwash and use sanitiser several times a day - teach children effective routines
- Teach the 'Catch it, Bin it, Kill it' approach to respiratory hygeine
Please find below:
Consultation / Letter to Parents about full school reopening
School's detailed Reopening Risk Assessment (Corona Virus / Covid 19)
Latest DfE / Government Guidance
If you require paper copies of any of these documents please contact the school office by phone - 01535 604656
Benefits related Free School Meals - Government Voucher system
Free School Meal Vouchers for those in receipt of benefits related Free School Meals will be provided for the Summer Holidays. This scheme will cease in September. If your child is entitled to Free School Meals they will continue to receive one in school.
We understand that your circumstances may have recently changed and you may also be eligible for Universal Credit at this time. https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit Applying for Universal Credit may help you to get Free School Meals.
Contact: Office@standrews-primary.co.uk if you need help with this.
Home Learning Packs have been provided for all children. Your child's classteacher will set tasks using our learning platform Purple Mash; books and reading activities through 'Bug club' and maths through TT Rockstars / Numbots. See our Learning At Home page for some great links to lots of Learning and Activity websites.
Like you, I understand that these are very challenging times for us all. It is very difficult for me to deliver many of these messages as I love seeing your wonderful children every schoolday. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact school on 01535 604656. Please do not come to school unless you have been invited by school . Keep checking this page for updates and information.